Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G in Kenya
The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra price in Kenya starts at Ksh 188,000. The device has a 6.8-inch 120Hz Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 63088 pixels and is protected by Gorilla Glass Victus 2. The Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor with Adreno 740 GPU. The phone has 8GB RAM and 256 GB of internal storage, it runs on Android 13 with Samsung One UI 5.1, and all this is powered by a 5000 mAh battery with 45W fast charging. The phone packs a quad rear camera setup with a massive 200 MP main sensor, a 12 MP ultra wide-angle camera, a 10 MP telephoto camera, a 10 MP periscope telephoto camera, and on the front there is a 12MP selfie camera. The Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G comes in colors Phantom Black, Botanic Green, Cotton Flower, and Misty Lilac. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G at Phoneprice kenya.
Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G specs and price in Kenya
|Model||Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G|
|Operating System||Android 13, One UI 5.1|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SM8550-AC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm)|
|CPU Speed||Octa-core (1×3.36 GHz Cortex-X3 & 2×2.8 GHz Cortex-A715 & 2×2.8 GHz Cortex-A710 & 3×2.0 GHz Cortex-A510)|
|Rear Camera||200MP + 10 MP + 10 MP + 12 MP|
|Front Camera||12 MP|
|Network||GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G|
|Sim Card||Nano-SIM and eSIM or Dual SIM (2 Nano-SIMs and eSIM, dual stand-by)|
|Weight||233 g (8.22 oz)|
|Dimensions||163.4 x 78.1 x 8.9 mm (6.43 x 3.07 x 0.35 in)|
|Screen Resolution||1440 x 3088 pixels (~501 ppi density)|
|Display Type||Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1750 nits (peak)|
|Display Size||6.8 inches, 114.3 cm2 (~89.5% screen-to-body ratio)|
|3.5mm jack||No, 32-bit/384kHz audio, Tuned by AKG|
|Bluetooth||5.3, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|USB||USB Type-C 3.2, USB On-The-Go|
|Sensor||Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Samsung DeX, Samsung Wireless DeX (desktop experience support)
Bixby natural language commands and dictation
Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
Ultra-Wideband (UWB) support
|Battery||Li-Ion 5000 mAh, non-removable|
|Charging||Fast charging 45W
USB Power Delivery 3.0
Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W
Reverse wireless charging 4.5W
|Colors||Phantom Black, Cream, Green, Lavender|
|Price in Kenya||Ksh 211,500|
The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is designed with the planet in mind. It is crafted using materials including recycled glass and ocean-bound plastic, each phone comes in a recycled paper box. The available colours for the S23 Ultra: Phantom Black, Green, Cream, Lavender, Graphite, Sky Blue, Lime, and Red are all made in part with natural dyes. Each tone is elegant and elevated, yet completely down to earth.
Unlike the curvaceous Samsung Galaxy 23, the S23 Ultra looks masculine with rectangular edges and some aggressive feel around it. The premium Samsung handset measures 163.4 x 78.1 x 8.9 mm and weighs a solid 234g. It is, of course, a massive and heavy phone, measuring up to its pricey tag! Samsung left nothing to chance in building its new flagship which is a statement of elegance, superior design, aesthetics and performance. The S23 Ultra is made of a Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus 2), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus 2), and aluminium frame. It looks and feels premium both at the front at back. The Ultra phone is built to impress, perform and stand out. For the heavy price tag, you will certainly expect certain features to come along with it.
- Waterproof certification: it is IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins) certified
- Drop and scratch resistant: the Armor aluminum frame with tougher drop and scratch resistance will make you be at ease even when it falls (accidentally) or gets some rough treatment to help retain its classy finish and premium touch.
- SIM cards: Nano-SIM and eSIM or Dual SIM (2 Nano-SIMs and eSIM, dual stand-by)
- Screen protector: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2 (always on display)
The Dynamic AMOLED 2X delivers clear, colourful details on the screen, whether dimmed low or at full brightness. 120Hz technology intelligently optimizes the refresh rate to smooth out the action and save on battery.
Key features on the display include:
- 8-inch HDR10+ screen
- 1440 x 3088 pixels (~501 ppi density) resolution
- 1750 nits (peak) brightness
- A high refresh rate of 120Hz
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2 tamper-proof protector, always on display
Enhanced performance experience
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra features one of the world’s fastest Snapdragon processors. The Octa-core Qualcomm SM8550-AC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) processor is made for high performance. Alongside the Adreno 740 graphic processing unit. The processing unit enables efficient power management to keep you going, as push hard on the games and smoothly switch between apps.
With the powerful Qualcomm SM8550-AC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) chipset, Octa-core (1×3.36 GHz Cortex-X3 & 2×2.8 GHz Cortex-A715 & 2×2.8 GHz Cortex-A710 & 3×2.0 GHz Cortex-A510) CPU and Adreno 740 GPU, it only you who will get exhausted as the Samsung Galaxy Ultra pushes you to the limits with its capabilities and awesome raw power to perform optimally over an elongated time on Android 13 OS and which is complemented with One UI 5.1 skin, be assured of great user experiences as you customize your phone to feel and look as your personality dictates.
Enabling the phone’s optimal functioning is a generous RAM and ROM. Installed on the S23 Ultra model is massive inbuilt memory consisting of:
- 256GB 8GB RAM
- 256GB 12GB RAM
- 512GB 12GB RAM
- 1TB 12GB RAM (all with UFS 4.0 technology for memory space optimization).
With such an amount of ROM and RAM, you can download endless games, applications and without the inconvenience caused by running out of memory space, not being able to play some high-setting games or stuttering.
One notable feature that distinguishes it as a premium, the high-performance handset is the stylish, upgraded stylus pen. The S-Pen keeps the legacy of the Galaxy Note alive. Capture scribbles, strokes of genius and everything in between with the built-in S Pen. You can even snap pics without needing to set a selfie timer. The pen has Bluetooth integration, an accelerometer and a gyro sensor, making it a useful, smart addition to have and use alongside the impressive Ultra phone.
After the classy, Stylus Pen, comes the amazing camera package. Samsung left nothing to chance with the Ultra model.
The front packs a 12 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), Dual Pixel PDAF lens, nicely tucked in the button-holed AMOLED display. You can make use of amazing features alongside the high-performance lens, including a Dual video call, Auto-HDR, and HDR10+. Not only is the selfie camera capable of snapping high-quality professional photos for your self-indulgence, but equally impressive video recording. Video recordings at 4K@30/60fps, and 1080p@30fps are highly commendable, making the front camera a key feature to take note of to maximize at every ideal opportunity.
The main camera is a key feature of the elegant Ultra phone worth experiencing. The main camera consists of a quad-camera set-up, made of:
- 200 MP, f/1.7, 24mm (wide), 1/1.3″, 0.6µm, multi-directional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS primary (wide-angle camera)
- 10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm (telephoto), 1/3.52″, 1.12µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 10 MP, f/4.9, 230mm (periscope telephoto), 1/3.52″, 1.12µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, 10x optical zoom (telephoto camera)
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Super Steady video lens (ultra-wide camera).
The 4 lenses when properly set up provide some of the best photo shots that professionals would envy and approve of without second thoughts. Coming along with LED flash, auto-HDR, and panorama, you will have a great time snapping away at near and distant objects, as you test the impossibilities the triple set-up can do whether in dim light or out in the open country in bright sunshine.
It is capable of taking 8K@24/30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 1080p@960fps, HDR10+ (stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS) video recordings.
Samsung nearly doubled the resolution on the wide-angle camera, delivering images so clear you can zoom way in to find hidden masterpieces. Then crop and create whole new compositions from your existing shots. Working behind the scenes of every shot is an all-new adaptive pixel sensor for a gallery of vibrant, crisp 200-megapixel photos in any light.
In low light? No problem! Take crisp photos and videos, no matter the lighting. Galaxy’s most advanced camera sensor and fastest processor reduce noise in low light for stunning shots.
This camera delivers depth and dimension. Gently blur the background to put your friends in focus and let incredible details shine.
Hit record to capture crisp, detail-rich scenes. Steady video is incredibly easy with innovative technology that keeps your scenes looking cinematic, even in low light.
Transform a starry sky into a work of art. Turn on Hyperlapse to record time-lapses with bright clarity, speeding minutes of footage into stunning seconds.
Grab more detail, even in the dark. Set exposure manually or let the camera choose. Then simply point skyward.
Capture up to nine frames and see them automatically layered together to create a multiple-exposure work of art.
Network and Communication
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is 5G enabled. It supports up to a 5G network, based on GSM / CDMA/ HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G Technology. Boasting HSPA, LTE-A (up to 7CA), 5G, the Ultra handset is as good as hyped and expected: fast in uploading, downloading and processing data for you.
To optimize your communication experience, the S23 Ultra comes installed with:
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, tri-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth pairing: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, tri-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC Support
- USB Type-C 3.2, OTG for speedy data transfer to or from other devices
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
- Samsung DeX, Samsung Wireless DeX
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
- Samsung Pay
- stereo speakers, 32-bit/384kHz audio, Tuned by AKG
Powering the massive handset is a powerful, 5,000mAh rechargeable battery. Meet the long-lasting battery made to fuel your victories. This intelligent 5000mAh (typical) battery saves power for go time, so you can game and stream into the night.
Supporting the battery are:
- 45W wired, fast charger capable of charging 1-65% of the battery in 30 min
- 15W wireless (Qi/PMA)
- 5W reverse wireless
Pros and cons of Samsung galaxy s23 ultra
- Armor aluminum frame for drop and scratch resistance.
- Dynamic AMOLED 2x display with 120Hz refresh rate support.
- Comes with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2
- Humongous battery at 5,000mAh
- Supports 45W fast charging
- Supports 4.5W reverse charging
- Supports wireless charging
- Has Stylus Pen
- IP68 rating (water and dust proof)
- Also comes with stylus pen support.
- The latest Android 13 OS with One UI 5.1 custom UI.
- Powerful chipset ideal for high-setting games
- High-performance 200MP primary camera lens.
- Capable of 8K video recordings with HDR10+ gyro-EIS support.
- 3x and 10x Optical zoom cameras installed
- Samsung Dex and Wireless Dex support.
- It does not support MicroSD (additional memory)
- No 3.5mm jack
- Bulky and heavy phone
- No secondary card slot is present.
- No Gyro-EIS support for the selfie camera
- Priced out for most buyers at its current price
Get the latest Samsung Smartphones in Kenya